Application rates and deliveryFurther Information:
How to use:
Ficam W should be applied in mixture with water through hand-held or knapsack sprayers using the following procedure.
1. Ensure that sprayer is clean and free of oily residues. If necessary wash out the sprayer with water and detergent before use.
2. Fill the sprayer with the required volume of water. Cut or tear open one end of the paper sachet. Remove but do not open the soluble sachet. Do not touch the water soluble sachet with wet hands or wet gloves. Add the required number of soluble sachets to the water. Close the sprayer and shake before use. Re-shake after periods of rest.
3. Apply as a coarse spray. For treatment of exposed surfaces use a flat-fan nozzle with an output of 0.5 – 0.7 litre per minute. Such nozzles are normally marked 8002 or 02F80.
4. To spray a single band e.g. at wall/floor junctions hold the nozzle approximately 0.5 metre from the surface to be sprayed and spray at a speed of 0.5 metre per second. This will produce a sprayed band 0.8 metre wide. To spray large areas of surface e.g. carpets, proceed as above but spray overlapping bands 0.5 metre apart.
This will ensure an even coverage of spray.
5. To spray cracks and crevices, use a pin-stream nozzle or special crack and crevice extension.
Ficam W sprays can be applied to any surface which is not damaged by water alone. Ficam W will remain active for many weeks at the normal rate and greater residuality will be achieved at the special rate. The residual life of the deposit will vary depending upon the cleanliness and nature of the surface to which it is applied. Therefore re-treat as necessary. Ficam W treated premises can be re-occupied by children, pets and other animals once the sprayed surfaces are dry.