Coopex Mini Smoke Generators
Ready-to-use insecticidal smoke generators for general disinfestation indoors.
The ready-to-use formulation involves no mixing or specialist equipment and will control insects present at the time of treatment by direct contact action (space treatment). Coopex Mini Smokes are biodegradable and have highly penetrative smoke for fast, efficient control and the smoke leaves no unsightly deposit, tainting or residual odour. Coopex Mini Smokes contain permethrin, a synthetic pyrethroid which is well proven for use in pyrotechnic formulations. Permethrin exhibits low mammalian toxicity, minimising opportunity for operator contamination.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Ready to use
- No equipment needed
- Easy, quick and simple
Coopex Mini Smoke Generators contain Permethrin (25:75 cis:trans isomeric ratio) 13.35 % w/w and potassium chlorate (HSE 5130, PCS 93408). USE PLANT PROTECTION PRODUCTS SAFELY. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND PRODUCT INFORMATION BEFORE USE. PAY ATTENTION TO THE RISK INDICATIONS AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ON THE LABEL.
Use & Safety
- Food handling
- Public building
- Industrial building
How to use:
- Not for use on grain or in empty grain stores.
- Remove/Cover processed foodstuffs, utensils and food preparation equipment.
- Cover unprocessed foodstuffs.
- Seal area to be treated as effectively as possible. Close doors and windows block fireplaces and exclude draughts.
- Clear people, plants and animals including fish from the area to be treated.
- Take the required number of smoke generators. Tear off tag and remove container cap.
- Place each smoke generator in the centre of a fireproof base of approximately 300 mm x 300 mm but NOT in a bucket or other enclosed space.
- When a number of smoke generators are being used, space them throughout the area to be treated, and prepare all for ignition before lighting the first.
- Light the igniter using a match.
- Do not leave lighted match on generator.
- Light smoke generators in sequence, starting with the furthest from an identified exit.
- Leave for not less than two hours or one hour per 1.5 m ceiling height.
- After treatment is complete, open windows and doors and ventilate thoroughly.
The product may be used to treat empty bins and stores, or spaces where unprocessed foodstuffs are protected from deposits of the insecticide by means of a covering not more permeable than twill jute sacking.
Where infestations are associated with domesticated animals, the animals should be treated using a suitable veterinary product. Thorough cleaning of the premises will also contribute to flea control and reduce the opportunity for further infestation.
Bed Bug Control
Thorough cleaning, including laundering of bedding will assist the control of bed bug